Friday was a big day at San Diego Comic-Con, especially if you are an Outlander fan. The first Outlander event of the day was a panel discussion in room 6A, and I was lucky enough to nab a front row seat at the event. If you’d like to view the entire panel, Starz has made it available for all to see, which you can check out in the video below. I’ve also added a gallery of photos I took at the event, featuring Sam Heughan, Caitriona Balfe, Tobias Menzies, Lotte Verbeek, Graham McTavish, Ronald Moore, and Diana Gabaldon.
Thanks to Yahoo TV, we now have four new stills from the first season of Outlander. Yay!
Thanks to ET Canada, we now have a new look at Sam Heughan and Caitriona Balfe in their first fashion shoot together! Don’t they look all pretty and fancy? What do you think of their look?
Check it out! We now have four new high quality stills from Outlander to admire, thanks to Access Hollywood. Happy Friday 🙂
More Outlander character portraits have been popping up lately, with the latest being a new batch of pics featuring Dutch actress Lotte Verbeek as Geillis Duncan. Check out the lovely new photos, courtesy of Lotte Verbeek Facebook!
Ever wanted a peek into Claire’s apothecary chest? Thanks to Starz, we can now get a glimpse into all of the plants that would have been at her disposal in the 18th century. Click here to explore Claire’s apothecary cabinet, and check out the beautiful new still above!
We have a few new Outlander photo stills to obsess over, thanks to Seat42F. Click here to check out more of the stills over on their site.
Which Outlander scenes are you most looking forward to seeing photos from?
Last night, the Pasadena Hilton and Vroman’s Bookstore played host to an author Q&A and book signing with Diana Gabaldon, who was on tour to promote Written In My Own Heart’s Blood. Diana got up on stage and spoke to fans for over an hour, then headed over to sign all of our books. And by that, I mean graciously signing and taking photos with all 650 of us fans in attendance. I’ve included a list of some interesting tidbits from the event, along with some photos of Herself. A big thank you to Diana for a wonderful speech last night, and for taking the time to have a moment with us all!
Some highlights from the signing:
- Diana revealed that one of the early movie options had Claire as an American
- Claire’s character at one point (years ago) was described as a “sexy wild child.”
- This time around, it took about two years to go from the idea of making an Outlander movie to an Outlander TV show
- Diana revealed that if the TV series continues past the first season, Voyager may be spread across more than one season, because of it’s length and complexity
- Diana says that she has shared insider information on Jamie’s character and future with Sam (and wouldn’t we all LOVE to know what that is)
- Herself says she is most like Himself in regards to religion and spiritual belief
- There are plans for more Lord John books
- When asked by an audience member, Diana revealed that it IS in fact Jamie playing with Claire’s feet in The Fiery Cross (Thank God)
- The second Outlandish Companion is about 80% complete and will hopefully be available next spring
Did anybody else attend last night’s event? Share your thoughts in the comments section!