Thanks to our friends over at Page to Premiere, we have a lovely, shiny new Outlander featurette to obsess over. In the video, Diana and Ron talk about the journey the series has taken from book to TV show, and there are several new clips to get us by until the show premieres next month. Enjoy!
It’s here, it’s here! The Outlander movie (even though it’s a show) tie-in edition is now available as a trade or mass-market paperback, wherever books are sold. I know we all have every conceivable version of the book (hardcover, paperback, e-book), but this is the first cover with Sam and Caitriona on the cover as Jamie and Claire, in a production still that Herself picked out…well, herself. Pick it up online or in stores now!
Last night, the Pasadena Hilton and Vroman’s Bookstore played host to an author Q&A and book signing with Diana Gabaldon, who was on tour to promote Written In My Own Heart’s Blood. Diana got up on stage and spoke to fans for over an hour, then headed over to sign all of our books. And by that, I mean graciously signing and taking photos with all 650 of us fans in attendance. I’ve included a list of some interesting tidbits from the event, along with some photos of Herself. A big thank you to Diana for a wonderful speech last night, and for taking the time to have a moment with us all!
Some highlights from the signing:
- Diana revealed that one of the early movie options had Claire as an American
- Claire’s character at one point (years ago) was described as a “sexy wild child.”
- This time around, it took about two years to go from the idea of making an Outlander movie to an Outlander TV show
- Diana revealed that if the TV series continues past the first season, Voyager may be spread across more than one season, because of it’s length and complexity
- Diana says that she has shared insider information on Jamie’s character and future with Sam (and wouldn’t we all LOVE to know what that is)
- Herself says she is most like Himself in regards to religion and spiritual belief
- There are plans for more Lord John books
- When asked by an audience member, Diana revealed that it IS in fact Jamie playing with Claire’s feet in The Fiery Cross (Thank God)
- The second Outlandish Companion is about 80% complete and will hopefully be available next spring
Did anybody else attend last night’s event? Share your thoughts in the comments section!
EW.com has a new interview up with Diana Gabaldon, in which Herself discusses the books that have been essential in her life so far.
It’s always great to see what books one of your favorite authors loves 🙂
Read the full interview HERE!
Do you read your books post-publication?
Absolutely! It wasn’t a Book when it left my hands, and it’s a huge thrill to open the package and find one, all fine and crisp and smelling new. I carry it around for days, fondling it at stop-lights and reading it in lines.
What are you reading right now?
Oh, let’s see… Hunting Shadows by Charles Todd and Deanna Raybourn’s City of Jasmine and rereading Shilpa Agarwal’s Haunting Bombay.
Diana Gabaldon has just posted the official mass market and trade paperback tie-in cover for Outlander, which is set to hit stores and online retailers on July 1st. The new cover artwork showcases one of the recently-released stills from the television production, featuring Caitriona Balfe and Sam Heughan as Clarie and Jamie.
What do you think of the tie-in cover? Do you like the production still they used to represent the book?