Last night, the Pasadena Hilton and Vroman’s Bookstore played host to an author Q&A and book signing with Diana Gabaldon, who was on tour to promote Written In My Own Heart’s Blood. Diana got up on stage and spoke to fans for over an hour, then headed over to sign all of our books. And by that, I mean graciously signing and taking photos with all 650 of us fans in attendance. I’ve included a list of some interesting tidbits from the event, along with some photos of Herself. A big thank you to Diana for a wonderful speech last night, and for taking the time to have a moment with us all!
Some highlights from the signing:
- Diana revealed that one of the early movie options had Claire as an American
- Claire’s character at one point (years ago) was described as a “sexy wild child.”
- This time around, it took about two years to go from the idea of making an Outlander movie to an Outlander TV show
- Diana revealed that if the TV series continues past the first season, Voyager may be spread across more than one season, because of it’s length and complexity
- Diana says that she has shared insider information on Jamie’s character and future with Sam (and wouldn’t we all LOVE to know what that is)
- Herself says she is most like Himself in regards to religion and spiritual belief
- There are plans for more Lord John books
- When asked by an audience member, Diana revealed that it IS in fact Jamie playing with Claire’s feet in The Fiery Cross (Thank God)
- The second Outlandish Companion is about 80% complete and will hopefully be available next spring
Did anybody else attend last night’s event? Share your thoughts in the comments section!